Friday, September 9, 2016

1887 Texas School Questionnaire

From the Texas School Journal ©1887 I thought it might be fun to look at a questionaire that was posted in this Journal. How many answers do you know?


WHO WROTE ?

1. Liberty and union, now and forever, one and inseparable.

2. Knowledge is power.

3. Once upon a midnight dreary.

4. Of all sad words of tongue or pen,

The saddest are these, it might have been.

5. John Brown's body lies mouldering in the ground.

6. What is so rare as a day in June ?

7. This is the forest primeval.

8. The breaking waves dashed high.

9. Rock of ages, cleft for me.

Iq. The curfew tolls the knell of parting day.

11. One sweetly solemn thought comes to me o'er and o'er.

12. Has any old fellow got mixed with boys.

13. Hannah at the window binding shoes.

14. Home. Sweet Home.

15. Roll on, thou deep and dark blue ocean, roll.

16. The Cotter's Saturday Night.

17. Give me liberty, or give me death.

18. The melancholy days are come.

19. To be or not to be, that is the question.

20. The Bells.

21. Anabel Lee.

22. Oh ! the snow, the beautiful snow.

23. The Bridge of Sighs.

24. The Song of the Shirt.

25. You must awake and call me early, call me early, mother, dear.

—N. Y. School Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment